Sunday 1 May 2011

Gruffalo Cake



What a cake to start back with after a 3 month absence! This was the cake I made for my lovely nephew, Miles Patrick 'Milo''s Christening this weekend.

I have to admit The Gruffalo book isn't one of the favourites of my girls. We prefer Room on the Broom and Monkey Puzzle more. I even had to borrow the book to copy the characters. I made the Gruffalo out of a creme egg. I will do a tutorial here soon. On the morning of the christening, 10 minutes before we set out for the 50 ish mile journey to Leeds my 8 year old daughter decided to tell me that the cake would not be complete without a fox as this is a major character. So a fox's bum sticking out of the back it was! ( It was lovely to see my 3 year old niece choose the fox as the first thing to eat later that day)

The cake included a snake in a log pile, an owl (eyes peeing out of a black hole in a tree made of pillars) and of course the fox's bum!

The next 2 weeks will be spent making Baby T's christening cake - such pressure but a very worthwhile subject!

7 comments:

  1. Now that is just WONDERFUL. It's the Gruffalo, isn't it? Did you make this - and where can I get one?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gruffalo cake!!! Wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is incredible. What an amazing treat for the birthday boy!

    I love the expression on the wee mouse's face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! And with a newborn....how do you do it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is AMAZING!!! My fellas used to love the Gruffalo - I reckon they would have died of happiness had that been put in front of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it!!!! Want one x

    ReplyDelete