Tuesday 25 May 2010

Book Review - Mister Teacher - Jack Sheffield


The last book review I did followed on from an author event I recently attended. Me being me decided that I had to order not 1 but 2 of the author's books and I have just finished the second.

The first book in the series was a hit and I expected more of the same from the second - and I got it. These are easy to read books but not necessarily speedy reads. Again there were elements of the books that had me laughing out loud (I cannot bring myself to say 'LOL' Ugh!)

By now the Headteacher is well settled into life in Ragley Village (A fictional village but the stories are based loosely on the author's real life as a Headteacher)
Most of the old characters appear along with some new ones - The lady who runs the Newsagent is brill!

There is an off and on love saga with Beth and some rivlary between her and her sister, Laura. I know it sounds like a contradiction but the love interest is what I kept reading for but also the bit that irritated me somewhat. I won't spoil the story but there is a cracking cliffhanger at the end (and yes, I will be reading the 3rd book) but I find myself wanting to say to Jack to bin Beth off - she's messing you about. I bet he won't listen!

All in all, another great read!

What's next? 2 more author events and reviews of Della Says: OMG by the delightful Keris Stainton and Like Bees to Honey by the lovely Caroline Smailes

Since I wrote this post I have received an e-mail from Jack Shefield himself (squeal!). He thanked me for the review and said I had the measure of the Jack, Beth and Laura scenario and to watch this space - who knows perhaps he might listen to the voice of reason?! I am now even more determined to get book 3 and see how the story continues! Oh well another book to add to the TBR pile(s)

No comments:

Post a Comment