Saturday 10 July 2010

Book Review - Like Bees to Honey - Caroline Smailes


It is safe to say I loved everything about this book - from the wonderful cover, the clever title and most of all the completely original story. I do not want to give too much away about the story as part of it being so special to me was that I knew nothing about it. It was completely different to anything I have ever read but really sucked me in.
The book does detail Malta (a place I had never really considered visiting but now would go in a shot!). There are some really emotional parts but not in a sickly way.
It felt like a really grown up book and I wanted to tell people about it when I was reading it in public!
Please read - you will love it!

I will be doing a book giveaway including this book on the 24th/25th July so keep your eyes peeled!

I also have to do a little bit of showing off now - I was lucky enough to meet Caroline at the book launch for Like Bees to Honey (she is a delight) and as a little pressie I took her some cupcakes with obviously a Bee/Honey theme - Here they are...(shameless plug!)

1 comment:

  1. And the cakes were the most delicious gift, ever. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete